Mutual Welfare & Benefit – Seiryoku Zenyo & Jita Kyoei
“Judo is the means of understanding the way to make the most effective use of both physical and spiritual power and strength.” – Jigoro Kano Sensei
If you wish to learn more about Kodokan Judo or the Australian Kodokan Judo Association (inc) please visit the About page for a history of both.
If you wish to see what is happening in Kodokan Judo in Australia, please visit our Latest News page, where you will find posts on all manner of subjects.
If you wish to join the AKJA or one of its affiliates, please see our Contact Us page.
If you wish to train with a reputable club in your state, please visit our State Clubs page for information in your area.
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be alive 200 years into the future? Jigoro Kano wondered this when he began to formulate his strategies for judo.
- Kodokan Institute Japan The Kodokan Institute is recognised as the home of Kodokan Judo worldwide.
- Kodokan Judo Association of South Australia
- Osaka Kiwi Friendship Judo Club The Osaka Kiwi Friendship Judo Club is a brilliant club dedicated to hosting visiting judoka from the world over.
- Queensland Kodokan Judo Association
- Shudokan Budo Academy The Shudokan was established in 1947-48 and is probably the oldest post war Judo Club in continuous existence.
- World Judo Federation The Mission of the World Judo Federation (WJF) is to promote Traditional Kodokan Judo worldwide with a foundation of mutual respect for all styles or systems.